Sunday, February 10, 2008

What's greater than Cheerios?





About 6,100 cheerios. I keep a special bin full of Cheerios that are Carter's Cheerios (plain - not honey nut because he's not old enough for honey) and Jackson being the good big brother that he is, when they woke up on Friday morning said I get Carter's breakfast, (I'm just glad he didn't try and make Carter oatmeal which is Carter's favorite right now). So he brought in the bin of Cheerios and gave Carter about 6 on the floor in a little pile. "What a great brother" we went through the whole rewarding Jackson for helping Carter bit, and then the phone rings. So as I talk to Bart's cousin Joann to figure out what we're doing that day, Jackson preceeds to dump handfull after handfull all over the family room. While Carter thinks this is the greatest thing EVER!! I walk back into the family room and find millions of Cheerios in the family room, the dining room and the kitchen. Carter is literally laying in them, shoveling as many into his mouth as he could (like he knew they were going to be taken away soon) and Jacksons is dumping handful after handful. I yell - Jackson stop dumping them. To which I get "I'm not dumping them mama, I'm bouncing them. This is dumping" and I'm sure you can envision what happened next. (The last little pile there). So being the dutiful little blogger I am, I go get my camera before I clean it up, and when I come back Jackson is laying in the pile saying - mama it's a Cheerio snow angel, and flinging Cheerios everywhere. So being the bad mom that I am, I can't help but laugh, and let them play in the Cheerios for a little bit, before mean mom came back and cleaned them up.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katrina said...

It is so nice to see that I am not the only one who has had a whole box of cereal on dumped on the floor! You are a much better mom than I am though. I usually freak out and send them to time out. Thanks for being a good example to me. Maybe next time I will take a picture and laugh.

Nikki said...

this is almost a weekly thing that happens at our house. Maybe not as many cheerios but close. I can't tell you how many cheerios are in our vacuum. I love how he showed you the difference between dumping and bouncing!

Becca and Ty said...

this is sooo great kellie :) I know I'm not a mom yet, but I'm already well indoctrinated in the virtues of cheerios :)