Monday, March 3, 2008

Mid Twenties Crisis


Okay so I didn't go buy a car, or really even acknowledge (at least on the blog) that two weeks ago I had a birthday and am now officially closer to 30 than I am to 20. Sad huh? So instead I chopped it all off. I'd been wanting to do something with my long, overgrown hair, but didn't know what so I just basically told Allyson do something cute (what I normally do to her). This time we went a little shorter than normal, I just did it a few days ago, and I'm still a little shell shocked. It's the shortest hair cut I've ever had, especially the hair on the back of my neck (it's not even an inch long). The saddest thing is that I cannot physically put my hair in a pony tail anymore. Which I think Allyson did on purpose so I'd have to do my hair everday! Bart is definitely a long hair guy, he's not so much a fan. I keep trying to reassure him that it will grow back, but he's still a little heartbroken. He's even mentioned that hair extensions are a great invention (but I'm sure he'd change his mind when he found out how much they were!). He'll survive...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

chris2005nath said...

Cute hair! I like it. Chris likes long hair too, but after I had Colton I just had to get rid of it. It's always fun for a change...and so sassy! :)

Kara said...

Very cute cut. I have an A-line cut, which is similar to yours. The first I cut it was back in November and it took some time getting used to it. Now I LOVE it and probably won't ever change the style for awhile. I roll brush mine and it dries very fast so I actually do my hair. With 2 kids sometimes it's hard to look perfect though. I agree with the pony thing though. You could try a half up/ half down with a small clip. I like that one with short hair =)

Pike's Place said...

Kellie, I love the new do! I keep mine long simply because I never make the time to make it look cute -- but I do wish it was shorter like yours. By the way, please don't complain about the mid-20s. Otherwise, I'm practically a senior citizen. :(

pcd said...

I LOVE your hair! Super cute on you! Bart will adjust, enjoy it while it's short. You can always grow it out later if you want to!
Camery

The Ward Family said...

I can't believe you did it!!! It's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Kellie, what in the shnazzil madizzil, I warned you about cutting your hair. I have got to say one thing, although I've not been a big advocate for the cutting of the hair, you look exceptionally great. But please don't tell my wife I like it, she may jump right off of that bridge. We miss you guys. Peace.