Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The next time I have a mud bath. . .

It better be followed by something like this!



So to preface this entry - Carter was asleep in his crib. Jackson was playing in the back yard, I have a door from my room to the backyard, and a window I can see him outside. So he was not unsupervised. Don't leave me hate comments.

So I decided while the boys were preoccupied I was going to take a break. As Bart can attest, I have been a little bit of a crazy lately (yes I'm using an adjective as a noun, I do it a lot. ). After doing the cub scout blue & gold banquet, I was exhausted. We've been potty training (no accidents, and three days in big boy pants!) and after all this, I needed some down time. So I got in a bubble bath, with a magazine, and took a break. So Jackson comes running in, sees that I'm in the tub, and decides that I need something fun to play with. He tried to pour his shampoo on my head, then he gave me some of his bath toys (foam animals, a boat and a submarine). So in my nicest "get out of here" voice told him to go play outside, and I don't need anymore toys. So off he goes running outside. I close my eyes, lay back in the tub, thinking at least I'll get three minutes before he comes running back, when all of a sudden "splash" and I bolt up to see Jackson preparing to dump a second bucket of dirt into by bubble bath!

Now why in the world didn't it occur to me that an almost 3 year old would think nothing in the world would be more fun than buckets of mud in the bath tub? And why in the world did it not occur to me that Jackson loves to share his favorite things with others, this time being his love of dirt / mud? Because I apparently missed out on that pre-parenting class, where it says beware the quiet, before you get a bucket of dirt dumped on your head!

So tub drained, rinsed, washed out & refilled. Jackson has been banished back outside. I decide well if I can't relax in a bubble bath, I'll just wash my hair, get clean from my mud bath, and get out. So Shampoo in, head underwater to rinse it out, and I'm greeted on the way back up with the dirty outside broom, in my bath water!!! Are you kidding me! Well it turns out, Jackson's 2nd favorite activity is to clean. (he really does, he loves magic erasers and cleans all kinds of things in the house). So he decided that to help clean we needed the broom.

So, I've decided that for now, I've given up on morning baths. So if you come over to my house, and my hair is wet and it's 3 in the afternoon. There will be no judgment from you. That means my kids are down for naps and I'm taking the afternoon off! With no mud baths mind you!

6 comments:

The Ward Family said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Only Jackson would think of such a great idea! :) I hope your blue and gold went well. Sounds like you need some relaxation minus a couple of kids! Wish I was close enough to help with that dilemma. Hope everything else is going well.

Pike's Place said...

Oh, Kellie . . . I'm sad you missed your bath, but Jackson's antics were hilarious! If you need a bath -- seriously, bring him over to play with Jayce. We'll keep him occupied and you can avoid the mud. :)

Brianna said...

I LOVE IT!!! It's so cute and funny, and oh so very wrong! Hope he's not grounded for too long ;) (jk)

Tricia said...

AHHHH, you've got to love Jackson! His love of life and constant quest for fun gives you an exciting life! Sorry, your bath wasn't too relaxing but maybe next time.

Katrina said...

I am sorry but I think this is so funny! (Probably because it wasn't my kids)

hollyhs5 said...

Hi Kellie-

Thanks for the comment. Glad you found me! Your little boys are so adorable! Will be fun to check out your blog and get all the updates... :)

-Holly