Thursday, March 13, 2008

Yep - that would be Child Labor

So in my spring cleaning (that I'm attempting to do) Jackson follows me around the house and says "I help. I clean too." So he worked on cleaning the floor, until he declared "this is hard mommy", yeah no kidding, I think it's a blast! Then he decided that he wanted to vacuum (vacummn? Vaccum? I hate that word). So I let him, showed him how to use the foot lever, and away he went. He even got underneath the table, without having to duck! (good thing about using little ones huh?) Until I hear him scream, and then a bang, and I quote "I hate smoke! I hate smoke!" I was in the kitchen doing dishes, and came running to see the motor screaming and smoking. He's crying running around in circles and still yelling "I hate smoke". He had run over the strap that goes to his booster seat, and it wrapped around the turn-ie thing. Well now the turn-ie thing, does not turn. So until Bart gets time to fix it. I don't have to vaccum!!! Yes!

(Side note - unrelated. The disposal wouldn't work, so after fishing all the gross stuff out of it twice, it still wouldn't work. Wouldn't turn anything. So I worked my magic - by leaving it alone, and just trying the switch every 5 minutes or so, and voila - I fixed the disposal! So one appliance out of two today is not so bad!)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Ward Family said...

HAHAHA!! That's hilarious! I can totally see Jackson running and screaming! He's so dang cute!

Tricia said...

I love your title! It's great when they get big enough to help with the cleaning. Jackson is so fun. I'm impressed with your fixing abilities I would have left it for Damon and not even tried!