Monday, August 18, 2008

There should be laws against . . .

* Beings sick, pregnant and sunburned (sinus infection - thank you Carter, pregnant nauseous - thank you baby, very sunburned back - thank you forgotten sunscreen, and yes I remembered to put it on the boys) (and yes I did this while pregnant with Carter as well, but I was 8.5 months and couldn't lay on my stomach or back, and was miserable. Enjoyed it so much I decided to do it again, but since I can still lay on my stomach, I decided I needed a cold so I could breathe unless I laid on my back to make things more interesting).

* 5 year old hard drives that pick a night and fatally destroy themselves (not a big deal, this didn't have anything critical on it)

* When replacing 5 year old hard drive, 2 year old extra hard drive (the critical one) freaks out and holds every picture and all the backed up info from the old 5 year old hard drive hostage (and apparently we haven't met its demands yet, because we haven't figured out how to get them off yet) (hate computers)

* Pediatricians who tell pregnant emotional moms that their one year old's hives are either a reaction to the mango he ate or measles. Seriously? So we stayed home from church because I really didn't want to be the girl who gave the entire nursery measles, because you can't tell if its measles for 24 hours but now I know the signs... Hmmm...mango or measles. I choose mango, and thankfully it was.

* Cars who lose air conditioning when its 113 degrees outside. On the way home from playgroup our suburban made a bad noise, and then was blowing heat. (not just air from outside, heating it up more and then blowing it in the car) Bart replaced the belt which had completely demolished itself, so it now works in the front, but the back air conditioning is being cruel and unusual. It also likes to make a weird noise occasionally. (Hate cars).

* Work coming to Bart and saying how would you feel about going to Mesquite? Think about it and let us know. ($$$ lots of money per month to drive to Mesquite everyday, and an extra 3 hours of driving - leave at 4:30 am or so, get home at 7:30-8:00 pm every night) Ummm... no. We were afraid it would cost him his job, but said no, and luckily his boss was understanding, and he still has a job.

I know I sound like I'm complaining, but I actually think its been pretty funny. But nothing else is allowed to be funny right now. Hear that everyone? No freaking out appliances, or home air conditioning, or anything else. That's an order.

2 comments:

Pike's Place said...

Sounds like an interesting week . . . let me know if you need a break! (I'll be happy to take the boys).

Tricia said...

I agree with all of those things! There should a law against prego's getting sick! Why do we always remember sunscreen for the kids but not us? I do it all the time too! Sorry for all the crazy stuff. Our computer died too! I hate computers too.