Sunday, September 14, 2008

Brothers who play nice . . . finally



The last about month (I hope I don't jinx this by saying these words out loud) but our boys have been playing together constantly and almost all the time are both happy. Don't get me wrong but there is still an occasional flattening of the younger brother into the ground by Jackson, but it's also starting to be a regular occurence that Carter will hold his own as well. (Is it bad that I was secretly happy when Carter smacked Jackson with a spatula for pummeling him into the ground this morning?? I'm such a bad mom....) I took them to the park this week and they were the only two kids there. They played for over an hour just with each other. Finally another little girl showed up that we didn't know and Jackson said he wanted to go home to play with his brother by his self. (Jackson's famous words - I do it (everything) by myself or by his self - as in let Carter do it by his self mom...) The little girl was a little older than Carter and was trying to get him to play with her and Jackson was getting a little jealous. It's nice that he wants Carter's attention as much as Carter wants Jackson's attention. Now if this would only last until they were each 19 and on missions....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Isn't that always the best when that clicks, and they are no longer at eachothers throats but they actually want to play together. I live for those days. It will be that much easier now when your third comes.

Erica and Curtis said...

i appreciate knowing that i am not alone in the world of having a spouse that is a serious "gamer"
Maybe we should have some girl time next time this happens! Your little boys are so sweet. It's got to make you feel accomplished so far to see them having fun and realizing that they do, indeed, love each other!

Jake, Sarah and Jackson said...

Hey Kellie Johnson! You guys are so cute and I can't believe you are expecting another little one....you are a real super mom! Your boys are so adorable and it is nice to know I am not the only one who kept with the old fashion way of spelling the name Jackson:)