Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Making up for our lack of Fall

So only this week has fall decided to cooperate with me. It's starting to cool down around here (the 90's - it's cool for here, it's summer for other people ha!) I've been wanting fall since that 2nd week of August. It's hot. We didn't get very much of the monsoon rains that August usually means so it just stayed hot. I really would have skipped the last month if we could have, just to get rid of the heat. I probably sound like my Grandma. She used to say it's so hot out here I could spit. Which we always used to find funny because the idea of Grandma spitting was absurd, and the fact that she hated the heat so much was just funny. (She also calls people turkeys when she's driving, that's always amusing.) I realize now that it was probably hot flashes and menopause she was mad at (and Bart assures me everyday that I can't be having hot flashes due to menopause since I'm pregnant), but seriously so sick of the heat. So in an effort to make mother nature listen to me and stop it from being so ridiculous, (I mean other places are like 70 degrees right now, Vegas just doesn't seem to get the memo) so we (Jackson and I - Bart was against my fall assault) got out our fall decorations (now I'm not crazy, we didn't get out Halloween stuff yet, just autumn things).

I really, really like fall. I mean does it get better than leaves, pretty colors, jackets (I love jackets with a passion), yummy food (soup, apple crisps, cobblers, and pumpkins) - Let alone the fun of Halloween & Thanksgiving. I think I've passed this fall love onto my kids. Jackson and Carter keep trying to wear their fleece footie jammies, and Jackson refused to go the park last week without wearing his hoodie and fleece football outift. So around our house we're doing our part, and it seems to be working. Last night I actually went outside and it felt great, this morning too. So just one request all of you who live in Las Vegas, or anywhere still refusing to acknowledge that it's fall put out your decorations, make soup for dinner and apple crisp for dessert, wear a jacket (even if you might feel a little bit hot), go to a football game or do anything to make it feel like fall. We don't get a very long fall as it is, so I plan to make the most of it. If we band together we can force fall to come to Vegas.

6 comments:

Janae Walker said...

congrats on expecting again! i voted that you would have a girl! i think that's how i want it (not that anyone asked me) - i would want two boys and then two girls....just so that they would have little play mates ...and more kids after that...anyways, congrats! hope all is going well!

Christa Jeanne said...

Great post, Kellie! Fall is the best - I'm glad to see you're getting into it, despite Mother Nature's tardiness. Target's putting out their autumn merchandise, and it took every ounce of willpower not to stock up - fall's my favorite, too. :)

Tricia said...

I agree, can the heat stop and let's have fall! I made Taco Soup tonight for dinner since it is fall but it was just too hot! I'm sure I'll be making apple crisps after we pick apples tomorrow. I wish I had cute fall deco's like you because I would bust them out too!

Pike's Place said...

I'm there with you! Please fall . . . please come!!!! If enough of us send autumn vibes I'm sure it'll come sooner. :)

Jenna said...

cute picture collage! you're so artsy... just come visit me in provo, usually it's plenty cold :)

Carl & Mickie Yeates said...

Kellie you are the best. Tell Bart that Fall decorations are not Halloween decorations. I will have to get after that boy. Doesn't he remember where he grew up. Wish you were here to enjoy the fall weather. WE are even wearing jackets in the evening