Tomorrow and Saturday we have a wonderful opportunity to serve that normally most of us wouldn't have the chance to participate in. There are 6 area children that are in need of bone marrow transplants to save their lives. Bone marrow transplants are the only treatment for diseases like lymphoma and leukemia as well as other very serious diseases. Imagine what it could mean to these children and their families if a match is found this weekend because of this drive. Imagine what you would be feeling if this was your child or a child in our ward waiting for a match.
Zappos.com (the cute shoe store) is paring with the Cancer Society to do a drive to find matches for these children and many other people. It is just a simple swab of the inside of your cheek and normally it would cost over $50 to be tested, but for the next two days Zappos.com is going to cover the costs of the testing. Please take a few minutes, get tested and get your husband tested...(Good excuse to go shoe shopping as well...tell your husband its for service!!)
Here's a brief description of times & locations:
Bone marrow testing
Sept. 12, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Zappos Corporate Headquarters, 2280 Corporate Circle, Suite 100, Henderson
- Sunrise Children's Hospital Lobby, 3186 S. Maryland Pkwy., Las Vegas
Sept. 13, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Zappos.com Outlet Store, 601 Mall Ring Circle, near the Galleria at Sunset, Henderson
- Zappos.com Outlet Store, 3860 S. Maryland Pkwy.
- Las Vegas; Sunrise Children's Hospital Lobby, 3186 S. Maryland Pkwy., Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Athletic Club, Eastern Avenue and Interstate 215
- King Ranch Market, 840 N. Decatur Blvd., Las Vegas, 1570 N. Eastern Ave., and 2475 E. Tropicana Ave.
For more information, Call the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation at 735-8434 or visit www.nvccf.org
For more details on the testing and other information here's a link to the Las Vegas Sun article written about the drive.