Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween is a blur. . . .



So it took forever for Halloween to finally get here, and when it did, blink and it was over. I think part of it is being pregnant, part of it was out trip to Utah the week before, and part was I just didn't realize how fast it would be over! Carter was Elmo (yep, we're getting all we can out of this costume...) and Jackson after many, many weeks of faltering back and forth - he wanted to be the Eiffel Tower, a tree, Buzz Lightyear, Superman, Spiderman, Real Cool Panda (Kung Fu Panda), a cowboy, a pirate, and a football player, (but he wanted me to be a cheerleader with him, yeah... 6 months pregnant, right - new meaning for knocked up cheerleader huh?). So we postponed buying a costume as long as we could, because I was scared he'd change his mind and refuse to wear it the night of Halloween, but finally found a winner - the astronaut.

A long time ago Jackson was asking me tons of questions about space. What is a galaxy? Where is space? How do you get there? Well we had told Jackson that his cousin Hudson lives far, far away (in NYC), well when I told Jackson that space was far, far away, he put two and two together and decided that Hudson lives in space. He asked how we get to space, and I told him that you have to have a rocket, and fly a long time up into the sky. He was quiet for a few minutes, and then said "Do I need special shoes to go to space?" Well, actually I guess you do Jacks. So after we got back from Utah (I was exhausted), and Grandma took it upon herself to make sure that Jackson got special space shoes. After Walmart, Target, and Payless, she tried Zappos.com and found silver tennis shoes (I kid you not) that have red and green flashing lights along the sides and back of the heels. So special space shoes he has, and he loves. He told everyone he met for the next week about his lighting up shoes. Way to go grandma. There would not have been special space shoes if it was left up to mom....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jenna said...

how cute... i wish i could be home more to see these boys! really this comment is about your heading pictures (since I'm all into those now..ha) carter looks so not-carterish! I can't believe it. I forgot how dark his hair was and how much he looked like jacks.. wow. time flies.

Janae Walker said...

i think every little boy needs to be an astronaut for at least one halloween! they seem to be obsessed with space (my husband has been since he was little)...those guys looked so cute :)

Mitzi said...

The astronaut is so cute! Well so is the Elmo but I am constantly amazed at how smart your kid is. The minute I think my boy is so smart I read about your kid and think MAN! I need to read an encyclopedia to my kids or something.