Wednesday, December 3, 2008

History Repeats Itself


Kellie (7 years old) Erin (6 years old) 1989 playing in the sandbox making a lakeYes, Erin you can thank me later for posting pictures of you in a swimsuit on the internet...

Most people know that my parents live in the same house that I grew up in (since I was about 4 years old). The last two weeks Erin (my sister 16 months younger than me) and her two boys came from New York for almost two weeks (joined by Cameron for Thanksgiving) and are going home tonight. One of the first activities the boys decided they wanted to do was play in the sandbox. This is a huge sandbox that runs the entire length of my parents side yard, over probably 30-40 feet. At one end is a garden (that never really ended up being a garden... except for the year Erin and I decided to plant hideous wild flowers, that we spent years trying to kill off). So we loaded up every tractor, truck, bucket and wagon at our house (which when Daddy is in construction is a lot, my boys have each kind of tractor because they're all different, and Jackson can tell you what they are all for, and don't mix them up!)
So into the mud they went. Carter is "all in" no matter what he does. The older boys got dirty, Carter got demolished. (Click on the collage to see the joy & dirt all over his face)

Jackson & Hudson worked very hard (and very seriously). Erin & I taught them the art of building a mountain, then running the hose through it to make a river which runs down into a lake (thanks Uncle Ryan for digging a fire pit years ago (to burn a bunch of old files my dad didn't want to take time to shred - fire is quicker), it became a very great lake (and saved us the digging).


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Pike's Place said...

You girls were so cute! I can't believe how much Jackson looks like you (although he's all boy and you're all girl). Anyway, way to continue the fun tradition of the sand box with your kids!

Jennifer said...

You and Erin look SOOOO cute! Thanks for posting those!

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh--I love those pictures! You guys are hysterical!

Teisha said...

You guys are adorable! I wish I had a sister!

The Lowe Family said...

I'm going with the "better late than never" philosophy on the Christmas card thing :)
Our address is: 950 S. Adams St. Apt. 15
Bloomington, IN 47403
Happy Holidays!

Coby & Ash said...

TAG you're it!!! Check out my blog!