Sunday, January 25, 2009

Things heard around our house lately. . .


** The boys and I were sitting in the car while Bart ran in a store, and trying to kill time I handed Jackson a post-it note pad and a highlighter. A few minutes later he announced "Mom, I drawed you." He hands me this.


Then without missing a beat, says. "I drawed you as a potato." Oh, thanks. Then before I could ask, he points to the big round colored in part, and says " and that's your belly, because its so huge."
Oh, great, thank you so much for that. (Side note - he also learned the word enormous lately, you can imagine how that comes in handy right now...)

Background Info: Jackson has discovered that his mom's scrapbooking stuff is really cool. (sorry Bart). One of his favorites is my paper crimper. It makes paper corrugated (like the inside of cardboard). He loves it. Asks everyday if he can wrinkle paper.

** A little while ago Jackson made Grandma Kathy a letter. Then Bart let him call her to tell her he made her a letter (which in reality was an envelope he found and scribbled on). Well when he called he told her she had to drive over to our house to get her letter, and being a very good grandma, she did. Well we had no idea he had another little surprise for Grandma. When she opened the envelope there was a scrap of paper, that Jackson had so lovingly put through his new favorite toy (my paper crimper), and when Grandma pulled it out, Jackson ever so proudly proclaimed, "I made it wrinkled, just for you cause you're old!" Good thing Grandma is a really good sport!

** Disclaimer - I am 8+ months pregnant. I can't see much of my legs at this point. I still shave very often, ever other day or so, but apparently its not up to snuff. Jackson came and laid on my legs the other day (which were barely prickily) and exclaimed to me that "I really like your legs mom!" Uhhh...Thanks. "Yeah, they have beards all over them!"

** Getting the kids in the tub a few days ago and Jackson looks down at his tummy and yells. "Yes! I'm going to be a daddy!!" Ummmm okay? He saw dirt on his belly (from playing out in the mud) and thought he had started to grow hair on his stomach (the only characteristic for being a daddy apparently). Needless to say he was heartbroken when his "hair" washed away.

** Jackson and I were talking and he told me that after this baby, we're going to have another baby, and that baby is going to be a girl. (He's still not over that we're having another boy, he just kind of disregards it, and talks about the baby girl that will come next...) Then he's telling me how that will be four babies. He said "Jackson is one, then Carter is two, then that baby is three (pointing to my tummy), and then the girl baby is four. Four babies, except Jackson's not a baby, Carter is a baby, he's a heavy baby." This conversation went on a little while, and I asked him why he wanted a girl baby. "I just like girls." How come? "I just like to give them candy." then he paused for a minute and quietly said "and bugs". Way to a girls' heart. Candy & Bugs. Good boy Jacks.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

Kel, your blog always makes me chuckle!!! Seriously, your boys sound like too much fun. :)

Kara said...

These are so funny! I especially loved the one about Jackson giving your Mom the wrinkled paper. hahaha! He's such a character.

Becky Chatwin said...

Kids say the funniest things. I was sitting next to Emma a few days ago and I told her that I loved her and she said, "Um yeah, and I am pretty sure I love Daddy." It was funny. She is also lately telling me all the things I tell her. She told me she was proud of me and that I was a VERY smart girl.

Andrea and Blake said...

sounds like you have a sweet little boy - who probably seems like a big boy now that he will be the oldest of 3! I love how much toddlers "talk"

Pike's Place said...

If Jackson needs a little sister fix, he can give Alyssa candy anytime. :) She'd love it! Your son is a cutie -- he makes me laugh.

The Price Family said...

This post made me laugh out loud! It must be so fun to have boys!

craftyashley said...

You poor potato!

craftyashley said...

Does that make Bart a studly spud?
(I know, I've been working on that one all day)

Darren, Tisha and Tanner said...

so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom said...

Those are so stinkin' funny!!! I love it :)

The Ward Family said...

Oh I miss you guys! Jackson is absolutely adorable. Thanks for all the laughs. I need to call you, it's been awhile!

Angela said...

haha so cute! i'm not sure if you remember me, we met in provo a few months ago. i found your blog from tanner and avery's, i love the stories about your boys. When is #3 due?! so exciting!

Casey said...

i laughed so hard i have tears in my eyes. loves it!

Jennifer said...

Um, can I take your boy home for a day? I think he could really motivate me to lose weight...and shave...and fix any other flaw I've ignored.

Jenna said...

i like your stories... love you.