Saturday, February 28, 2009

Owen Robert Yeates


Born Monday February 23rd at 8:28 pm 7lbs. 1oz. 19 inches

I'd been having strong contractions since Friday, but each night got them to stop and went to bed. Sunday I almost came home from church because of them. Monday night they started again, and I couldn't get them to stop. A friend had brought dinner by and offered to stay with the boys while we ran to the hospital. We thought they would stop the contractions and send us back home. We got signed in, they put the monitors on and my contractions were 4 minutes apart, and at an 8 (out of 10 on the contraction monitor). The nurse checked me and said "well hello there little guy." I said "what?" and she said "I can feel his head." She went and called my doctor, and within 2 minutes came back and said, "we're having a baby." Ahhh.... what? I thought I had another week or so (I was scheduled for my repeat c-section 8 days later on March 3).

Bart asked how long we had, and the nurse said "20 minutes." So we quickly called my parents, who went to our house to pick up the boys, and get our camera (we had brought nothing, no camera, no bag - I hadn't even packed one yet) I was in pajamas and flip flops (hence the lovely picture at the top). They barely had time to get to the hospital, and when they did I was already taken back to the operating room. Everything went very smoothly, and 20 minutes later we had a beautiful little boy. He had fluid in his lungs, so they kept him in the nursery for a little while until they got him breathing better, and then brought him down to my recovery room. We didn't even have our camera in the operating room it was so quick, so the first pictures we have are in the nursery, after Grandma got there with the camera.
Posted by Picasa

28 comments:

craftyashley said...

Congrats! He is adorable!

Sherri said...

Wow Kelli...what a delivery story! He's such a cutie!!

Teisha said...

Congrats! He's beautiful...and lots of hair!

Pike's Place said...

What a beautiful baby! I'm so glad I got to meet him today!

Shelise said...

Congrats. Thats crazy it all happened so fast. Kind of exciting though.

lindsay said...

He is so cute and I love the name Owen. I'm so glad that everything went well. Congrats!

Katrina said...

I am so happy for you! He is so cute. Congratulations.

Becky Chatwin said...

He looks like an angel! Congratulations.

Tricia said...

He is just too darling! I had to hurry and take you dinner before our trip so I could sneak a peek. Thanks for letting me hold him. Try to get some rest.

Mila Wijaya said...

CONGRATULATION!!! Such a beautiful baby and You look Great after the baby. congrats.

T.J. and Kathy Christensen said...

Congratulations! He is so wide-eyed! What a doll. p.s. I was CRACKING up at your last post about things you taught Jackson. hee hee

T.J. and Kathy Christensen said...

Congratulations! He is so wide-eyed! What a doll. p.s. I was CRACKING up at your last post about things you taught Jackson. hee hee

T.J. and Kathy Christensen said...

Congratulations! He is so wide-eyed! What a doll. p.s. I was CRACKING up at your last post about things you taught Jackson. hee hee

Taralee said...

Ahhh, how exciting. That's such a fun story :) He is absolutely adorable!! Really, what a cutie! I think he looks a ton like Carter, but I know how dang much a baby changes every single day. But there's no denying he's their brother. Congrats congrats!!

Courtney said...

He's beautiful! Good job, mom...and dad. Could you imagine if you had waited a little bit longer? Somebody would have experienced natural childbirth :-)

Mandy Rasmussen said...

He is so cute!! Congratulations on another beautiful baby boy! Can't wait to meet him! Love ya!!

Courtnie said...

Congrats Kellie! That is so crazy! Good thing you went to the hospital when your friend offered to stay with the boys! :)

Courtnie said...

Congrats Kellie! That is so crazy! Good thing you went to the hospital when your friend offered to stay with the boys! :)

The Price Family said...

I say this every time but it's true - you really forget out little newborns are. He was so little in your arms yesterday! And I love all that dark hair! Glad your home and doing well with baby Owen!

Julie said...

Congratulations! He's adorable and I think that's the way to go, a fast suprise! Mom is here in Norway too and she says he's darling!

Julie said...

what a darling little baby. His cheeks are all filled out already. what is his weight?

Julie said...

what a easy way to have a baby. How much did he weigh? He really has chubby.

Kara said...

Congratulations! He's adorable! I think he's a good mix of both of you. It's funny how Jackson looks like you, Carter looks like Bart and now this one gets to be a good mix :) I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

KB said...

Congrats!!! He's beautiful! Glad everyone is doing well. We'll have Jackson over to give you a break soon.

Chet and Kristina Cox said...

congrats on the new addition!

Heather said...

He's adorable Kellie! Congratulations!

Mike and Lauren said...

I'm so late on this - but congratulations!!! We're so happy for you and happy that all went well!

lease said...

Dang it--I'm even behind Mike and lauren :)

Congratulations-he's a handsome little guy!