Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Elder My Little Brother. . .


A few weeks ago we went up to Utah to see my youngest brother (he's 8 years younger than I am, which Kev pointed out to his friends like I'm ancient...) open up his Mission Call. We drove all day and got there about 8:45 Utah time (he was supposed to open it at 8:00) but waited for us (mom would have killed him, if he didn't). We met Jenna & Hyrum (who picked up Grandma Johnson) at his BYU Heritage Apartment, Erin & Cameron witnessed the call opening extravaganza via laptop web cam. He is going to the Asuncion, Paraguay Mission- Spanish speaking and leaving July 22. Now he's just got finals to get through, a few months of killing time at home (and playing with us lots before he leaves) and then off to the MTC (or missionary school as Jacks calls it). We're so excited for him, and Jackson has already started praying for Uncle Kevin on his mission (we're not explaining that he's not actually a missionary yet, we figure Kevin should get all the prayers for him that he can get right? The blessings just might have to be on hold for a few more months.) So now we've got three missionaries that Jackson prays for every night. Todd in Scotland (Bart's brother), Bradley in Germany (cousin) and now Kevin (even though he's not quite legit yet). Thanks for being one more good example for our little guys...

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

hollyhs said...

wow! congrats kevin! that's the mission my husband Nate went to. he was there from 2003-2005. if he's got any questions, let us know. :)

erinrose said...

Hi, Kellie. Its Erin Medina. Is it strange that as I read your blog about your brother Kevin, I still remember him as the cute little brother that would tag along with your mom whenever you had concerts for choir and now look at him. He is all grown up. Erna reminds me all the time that I am ancient too. Gotta love those little brothers and sisters. Your sons are so adorable! You have a very beautiful family and I am happy for you.

Kristen said...

Yay for Kevin! I can't believe he's that old - I still remember calling him "Kevvie!"