Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How did these get in here!



These are two seperate centipedes. I found the first one, and then two days later Jackson found the second. They apparently really like the corner in the downstair powder room bath. The first time I screamed, covered it with a cup, took pictures, texted them to every member of my family to explain how grossed out I was, and then waited for Bart to come home and deal with the intruder. Jackson went and inspected it about every ten minutes to make sure Randall was still there. (Yep, he named it, he said it was like Randall from the Monster's Inc movie, because it had lots of hands like he does).

Round two, I don't believe Jackson when he says there is another centipede, which he thought was great! (yuck) and when I run in there yell, "How are these getting in here!" To which Jackson replies. "I know mom. Its not like there is a door that says, centipedes come in here." No Jackson, there is not. Luckily there haven't been any more Randalls. (and if there are, I'm moving out, the kids can fend for themselves.)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Becky Chatwin said...

Ewew ewewew.....Ew! Icky gross yuck yuck yucky! Randall is not welcome at my house either.

Pike's Place said...

Creepy! I loved Jackson's comment.

hollyhs said...

ha ha! that does look like Randall! that's so funny! jackson is a clever little guy. :) I would have freaked out too!!!

craftyashley said...

That would freak me out too! And not to creep you out any further- but perhaps you have a centipede nest in the powder room? (if they even make nests- I'm not up on centipede reproduction)

Jenna said...

yeah, thanks for THAT text. :)

Erin King said...

I couldn't see your text when you sent it... now I know what you're talking about :) We had one of these show up in our apartment one day and I felt the most anxiety I've ever felt (exaggerating but only slightly) during the battle against it. I just kept thinking- if we can't find it and kill it, it's going to crawl on us or the boys while we sleep! We ended up crushing it under our rug. They freak me out.

Courtney said...

Yep, I would have moved out at the sight of those babies!