Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Syrup Massacre


My children are trying to kill me. They almost succeeded. I came downstairs after putting laundry away and saw Carter standing at the bottom of the stairs. I screamed.

Chocolate syrup and strawberry syrup mixed together make blood. They also give mom a heart attack and more gray hair. (we don't need any more help in this department.)


Notice the slash mark across his chin/neck. Style points for the realistic blood spray across the shirt.

(and yes it took every ounce of control I had after grabbing my "bleeding" child and realizing it smelled like strawberry, not to kill him and instead take his picture.)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Tessa said...

Haha!! Oh my gosh that's horrible!!

Shannon said...

LOL That really does look real. I can understand freaking out! The first thing I would have grabbed wouldn't be a camera... you're a better woman than me! Hahaha Little stinker!

Shelise said...

When I first saw it I totally thought blood. Today I was cleaning my kids room and could swear Hudson said, "mom, cannons dying". I thought for sure cannon was choking on something, but no, Hudson was wrong and almost gave me a heart attack.

craftyashley said...

The girls were watching me surf google reader and gasped when we got to these pics. "Oh no! Carter make a mess! No, no messes, Carter!"

Ha! And they wanted to give "baby Owen" kisses on his "owies." I guess the syrup looked like blood to them. Sooo sad!

Michelle said...

So I saw Owen's chocolate syrup face first, and when I got to this one assumed it was the same. I never thought of it as blood, but you are so right, it looks so real!!! This gave me a good laugh. Glad you took the pictures, then when they are older and married you can show their wives what they can look forward to with their kids. :)

Kristen said...

OH MY GOSH I would've had a heart attack! I laughed so hard once I read this that I had to show my coworkers and they got a good laugh too. You are a supermom Kel.

Mike and Lauren said...

I am laughing out loud right now. I am also in shock that they could put together such an amazingly realistic display...maybe they're destined for acting.
I LOVE reading your posts, they always make me smile.