Friday, March 19, 2010

Glue Gun Suicide


It has died. The stereotypical Thermogrip blue glue gun, that I've had forever has finally died. I have the fancy new cold heat ones, or the cordless battery pack one, but they just don't work the same as the old faithful one. And now it has finally imploded. It was a fitting death as it melted and filled the inside with hot glue and in doing so melted the inside of the gun. Suicide.

I should be at least happy that it went in such a burning way, as I've got many scars and burns from this little guy. The biggest and most recent a gigantic blister on my wrist that happened when I set it down on my own hand, while paying to much attention to my kids and not enough attention to my glue gun. It felt jealous apparently. Good mom (I guess?) Bad crafter.

Anyone have a glue gun that you love? I've only seen cheap white ones, and I don't trust them. (yep, trust. Me and my glue gun are in a relationship.)

2 comments:

Kara said...

I don't think mine's a thermogrip, but it is blue (can you tell I don't use it so much?) I think I remember getting it at Michaels. I do know what you're talking about though. My Mom's was hard core. Not some flimsy little cheap one that you find these days :)

Melly Mel said...

you have such a cute blog! i am shauna's friend and saw your blog. what a cute family.