Monday, March 22, 2010

This is why we aren't supposed to get rain in Vegas...


Carter is cold but at least his swimsuit choice kept him fairly dry... (and he's ticked about it apparently.)

Jackson learned that just because you put on Spiderman water shoes you are not dressed for rain... At least he was warm while soaked right?

My kids own no rain clothes. I don't buy them. No cute rain coats, yellow floppy rain hats or animal face galoshes. When you get 4 inches of rain a year that adds up to 0.01095 inches of rain a day. So basically my kids could spit out the window of the car (which I never let them do, but we're just saying they could) and that would be the rainfall for Las Vegas for the week. But when the world decides to go crazy, earthquakes in Haiti & Chile, and over 3 inches of rain in Las Vegas in one week (and more coming), it's almost enough for me to want to go buy them.

I'm pretty sure the way the world will end in Las Vegas will be a huge flood. Like all the rain we should have gotten from forever till now in one big shot. Isn't that ironic? Don't ya think? I hate that song.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tara Joy said...

What great clothes! My kids don't own rain clothes either. I love the reference to table dancing, clever.

Julie said...

I love their clothing choices! In Norway they say there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. I could pick you up some darling end-of-the-world-in-Vegas rain boots. They have a HUGE selection here!

The Covington Fam said...

Awww... your little guys are super cute! :) Love all their pictures!

Janae Walker said...

yeah - don't buy rain clothes...not worth it! it's like buying snow boots in DC, but wait - we had the snowiest winter ever this year! ah well.....i still don't have snow boots for myself or my children!